How Can I Help?
To be successful in meeting its goals, IU welcomes support from those interested in making a contribution to the conservation of the Brazilian Atlantic Forest and helping to guarantee the long term protection of the Serra Bonita Mountain Range. There are a number of ways in which you can help:
1) purchase of land;
4) volunteering to help in activities.
1) Land Purchase to Expand the Protection of Serra Bonita
You can become a partner in the preservation of Serra Bonita by becoming the owner of a tract of this fascinating habitat. IU can negotiate and purchase the property in your name and convert the newly acquired area into a reserve and incorporate it into the Serra Bonita Reserve Complex. IU undertakes the responsibility to effectively manage the area by means of a perpetual lease agreement with the reserve owner.
To help guarantee the sustainability and effective long term protection of the reserve, the owner also undertakes to donate a fixed sum to the Serra Bonita Conservation Fund whose interest (the capital remains invested perpetually) is utilized to contribute to the Serra Bonita Reserve Complex’s management costs.
• For enquiries regarding land purchase in Serra Bonita please contact IU at: email@example.com
To expand and manage the Serra Bonita Reserve Complex effectively requires financial resources. For those wishing to help IU with meeting this goal a range of options is available.
a) Donations for land purchase
With this option you help IU purchase and integrate into the SBR other areas of endangered Atlantic Forest within Serra Bonita. The larger the area under protection the better the chance of preventing further losses of biodiversity. There are two ways of doing this:
• Donating the price of an area which you would like to protect from a list of small properties for sale in Serra Bonita maintained by IU;
• Making a contribution to the campaign "Save an Acre of Serra Bonita". Your donation, equivalent to the cost of one or more acres of land, is pooled with other donations into the Serra Bonita Conservation Fund and fully invested in the acquisition of properties that are converted into reserves and incorporated into the Serra Bonita Reserve Complex.
b) "Adopt an Acre of the Serra Bonita Reserve Complex"
A one off donation of $105 helps to ensure the vital long term protection of one acre of the Serra Bonita Reserve Complex. You decide the number of acres you wish to adopt and your donation is invested in the Serra Bonita Conservation Fund. The interest (the capital remains invested perpetually) generated from this fund is utilized to contribute to the Serra Bonita Reserve Complex’s management costs so helping to ensure its effective long term protection.
• For information on donations please contact IU at: firstname.lastname@example.org
c) "Park Ranger Campaign"
This consists of an annual contribution of US$400 that may also be made in ten monthly installments of US$40. Your donation is used to contribute to the salary, equipment and uniforms of the team of fully trained Park Rangers employed from the local community of Camacan. These professionals have the important duty of protecting the reserve from outside threats such as logging, poaching, palm heart extraction and forest fires. The park rangers also play a fundamental role in raising awareness with neighbouring farmers and other members of the local community.
• Click here to contribute to the Park Ranger Campaign
The Full Member makes a monthly contribution of US$15 or an annual one of US$180 and has the right to participate in decision making within IU.
• Click here to become a Full Memberb) Contributing Member
By becoming a Contributing Member you receive a six monthly update on IU’s activities and the Serra Bonita Reserve Complex. A monthly contribution of US$20 or an annual one of US$240 helps fund IU’s basic running costs.• Click here to become a Contributing Member
If you are interested in providing voluntary service to IU and the projects it runs please contact the area in which your main interest lies. (See contact us)